Several members have asked me (since I am a marketing coach) how to take advantage of the new improved member Spotlights and centerpiece sponsorships at WEO meetings.
Your WEO Spotlight or sponsorship includes the opportunity to market your products or services directly WEO members, if we are in your target market.
To take advantage of this opportunity, you’ll need to be ready with a plan. Here are some ideas:
1. Set clear goals for your Spotlight or sponsorship. Are you looking for sales, leads, or just letting us all know what you do? With a clear goal, you can set strategies to achieve it. Without a goal, your audience will be confused, and your time, effort, and money may be wasted.
2. Don’t keep your participation a secret. Before the meeting, invite your best customers, your best prospects, your strategic partners, or anyone at all that you want to see (and see you) to the meeting. Let them know in advance by invitation if you are planning a special offering or discounts. Double the impact by drawing attention to your participation in social media mentions, in your newsletter and in your event calendar on your web site.
3. Take advantage of WEO's pre-event publicity by sending out your own press release announcing any special demonstrations, giveaways, stunts, samples, or other activities that you have planned for your Spotlight or sponsorship.
4. Make a spectacle of yourself! Wear your business colors, add a little glitter or just glam up your outfit to stand out. Some of the long-term members may remember that I wore a sash and tiara for my spotlight several years ago!
5. Use your display space. Capture our attention with color, movement, photos and/or sound on the table reserved for your display. Bring plenty of marketing materials to tell your story. Yes, you get to insert your brochure in the goody bag, so think bigger and more experientially for your display table. Got a video? Bring your tablet or laptop to we can see it. Have some products? Bring 'em!
6. Make us an offer we can't refuse (if we're in your target market)! Either incentivize us to sign up on your mailing list, or give us a screamin' deal special offer, just like Kristin Taylor did at the April meeting. Be ready to enroll, sign up, and sell on the spot--gently and respectfully, of course.
7. Follow up, follow up, and follow up. After the event, follow up with those who signed up on your mailing list, but please, do NOT add all of us to your mailing list without permission. That's not the WEO way.
Bottom line, ladies: We want you to be successful! And if we're in your target demographic, it's a great idea to use your sponsorship or Spotlight to show us how we can work with you.
Have a great meeting! Looking forward to seeing you all in May for our own Carol Parker Walsh's presentation on fashion trends.
Thank you for supporting women in business--we're here for YOU! #WEORocks!